Kyle and I have recently been watching Cake Boss. I'm not a fan of the whole Reality TV Drama but I do love how he explains to the audience how he makes his cakes. They are amazing, and he makes it look so easy. So easy in fact, that Kyle and I decided to make our own cake! Well....I looked up some recipes on Fondant and buttercream frosting, and red velvet cake. Let's just say, they make it look WAY easier than it really is...especially if you don't have all of the right tools. My fondant was made with 4 lbs of powdered sugar, 2lbs of marshmallows and some shortening. It tasted pretty good, but cracked way too easy. So after spending 2 nights baking to the wee hours of the morning, I had our cake ready and frosted...on Saturday before Halloween we had a few friends come over and help us with our (what we thought to be...) new hobby, ha! I planned in my head for our friends to do a cake and we would do our own as well...it turns out, all that Fondant which took so long to mix was used up on just one ity-bity cake. You'll see from the pics below how small it really is, and it took forever!
Our ity-bity finished product...

That took about a total of 9 hours to complete,
you have to be proud of that...

This is Britney, Kenny, Gunner, and baby girl in the tummy...

Well...we did have a lot of fun chatting with our friends while Sadie played with Gunner, and in the end it turned out...ok! I think ok is the right word to describe it. The pumpkin is by far my favorite...props to Britney because she did most of it. It was an experience to say the least, and it will be a while before we try this "hobby" again.



After we finished the cake we headed over to our church's trunk-or-treat. It's where the kids get to dress up and trick-or-treat from trunk to trunk, to show off costumes and have fun...it's really great for kids Sadie's age who are a little too young to go knock on doors. Sadie REALLY didn't want to put on her wings at first, but after we forced them on her ;) she was ok! She actually like them by the end of the night. She was my little fairy...who would NOT let go of her pumpkin.


She said thank you in sign language to all of the people who gave her candy.


"Heaby, Heaby"...she kept saying but wouldn't let me take it from her.






HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment