Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

Our Christmas was spent at the Kelson Cabin but with my family!  It was so nice of my in-law’s to let us use it, and everyone in my family was able to be there.  I am the youngest of 4, we are all married, and we all have kids now ;)  So it was crazy, but super fun and I’m so glad we got to spend that time together as a family!  When we first got up there we got to decorate the Christmas tree and get ourselves settled for the next 10 days!

DSC_0034 

DSC_0035

Sadie loved riding this duck the entire holiday.  She would say Yee-Hawww!DSC_0037DSC_0038

We did LOT’S of sledding, and playing in the snow.  The two pictures below don’t look real, but they are!  It looks like a green screen background or something, that place is so pretty!

DSC_0070

 DSC_0071

DSC_0074

DSC_0087

DSC_0109

DSC_0116

DSC_0149

DSC_0161

DSC_0158

DSC_0183

On Christmas Eve it’s a tradition in our family to open a gift, we all know the gift is always pajamas, but it’s still fun!  This year we also took on a tradition from my sister in-law Brittany.  Her family aach eats a bowl of ice-cream with a lit birthday candle in the middle of it.  You win bragging rights for a year if your candle stays lit the longest while you all enjoy a bowl of ice cream.  I thought it was super fun, sorry no pictures!

DSC_0208

DSC_0210 

DSC_0211

      DSC_0214

DSC_0229

After this trip with my family, Kyle has officially decided that it is IMPOSSIBLE for my family to get together and not start doing silly things with our bodies or have workout contests.  We are always showing off our “one-armed pushups” or doing a 5min squat workout, or yoga moves, or having some sort of competition…it must be a Hymas family quirk, but Brittany my sis-in law did gymnastics in college so she fits right in, and can do way more cool stuff than any of us can ever imagine.

DSC_0232

This picture brings back so many memories of my sister doing headstands, and me the younger sister watching…(although that is Sadie ;)

DSC_0234

And there is my oldest brother Cory doing a headstand into a handstand….

DSC_0237

And then to top it all off we ended the night with our favorite drink, green smoothies!  Yeah, we’re weird and I LOVE it!

DSC_0759  

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!

DSC_0243

Sadie still wasn’t quite sure what was going on but after one gift, she definitely got the hang of it!  It was SO loud and crazy and fun, Sadie got a Yo-Gabba-Gabba book, that she still LOVES.

DSC_0246

Daddy got some LEGO in his stocking.  It’s not Christmas without LEGO!

DSC_0259

I was totally surprised with a new lense for my camera, and I LOVE it!  It takes some really fabulous pictures.  Thanks babe!

DSC_0310

My brother Bruce’s daughter Madi got the same Christmas Jammie’s as Sadie…and Sadie got this tea set for Christmas that she also adores.  She always says, “let’s play Cinderelli tea-cups mom”…at least once a day.

DSC_0313

DSC_0316

We tried to get a picture of all the grandkids and of course MY child is the one not co-operating.  That was about the best we could do, but it is pretty funny!

DSC_0324

After we opened up presents, ate Orange Rolls and Egg Casserole we had a relaxing rest of the day watching Despicable Me and napping!

DSC_0388

Luckily, we got to enjoy some snowmobile time while we were there.  Kyle took the big boys out on a ride and then later took the ladies out.  Here is Papo saying goodbye to Sadie, getting ready to head up the mountain.       

DSC_0010

Here’s Grammy and Papo (my Mom and Dad) I love this picture!

DSC_0015  Sadie took her first ride on a snowmobile and didn’t want to go, but by the time they cam back around the cabin, she was all smiles.  I hope that attitude sticks around because I’m afraid her Daddy or her Mommy won’t let her be a wimp ;)

DSC_0040

DSC_0044

DSC_0049

DSC_0062

DSC_0067

I LOVE jumping wtih Snowmobiles.  I think it’s one of the best things that I get to do, and it had been a LONG time from having Sadie, so that was one of the greatest parts of the trip for me!

DSC_0194

Kyle and I got to stay at the cabin for 10 days this year.  The first 5 days with my family and the last 5 days for New Year’s with Kyle’s brother Chris and his family.  It was a GREAT vacation but in a cabin for that many days, there really is something called “Cabin Fever”!

  Chris and Carlee and their 5 kids had been traveling from Arizona and came straight up to the cabin with a small U-Haul attached to their car  It couldn’t make it up the driveway of the cabin so Chris and Kyle rigged two snowmobiles to it, and towed it up.  I had to get a few pictures because after they had made it up, they both came in the cabin feeling like they had conquered the world…totally a guy thing, but still really cute ;)

(Side note:  I’m always reminding Kyle of why I am so glad that I am not a guy..I don’t have to take the luggage to the car, or take it out when it’s snowing etc…this is just one more example of how we are different, and why I’m so glad there are men in this world!)

DSC_0740

DSC_0741

DSC_0746      

DSC_0750

We ate a lot, took lot’s of pictures, and played lot’s of games…If you have never played the name game, ask me how..because you are missing out!  It is really funny, and you get some great pictures out of it too!

So let’s meet the family ;)

My sister in-law Brittany…

DSC_0410

And my brother Bruce…

DSC_0414 

Don’t ask me what I was doing…I have no idea!

DSC_0421

Kyle being John Travolta…

DSC_0448

My dad… 

DSC_0425

My mom…

DSC_0453

My other sis in-law Krysta…she really was just making a funny face at the camera in this one ;)

DSC_0430

And my sister Leann.

DSC_0436

Didn’t get a picture of my brother Cory or bro in-law Jon, but you get the idea :)

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment