Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Cardboard Box

This is Kyle-

You win universe! I'm actually blogging!

Ok, so Malaena and I are eagerly awaiting the new little bundle, which is due to arrive in 6 weeks. I'm crazy about this little girl already! She kicks alot. Malaena is at the point where the days cant go by fast enough. (Home stretch babe, hang in there!) My wife is the best though, and like everything else, she rolls with the punches and takes it all in stride. Ok... so shes not exactly "striding" anymore, but you get the idea. Bottom line_Malaena is one tough mammajamma, and I love her to death!

For Valentines day I picked up a gift that Malaena had had her eye on for a while. Its a gliding chair and automan (ottoman?) made of microfiber. Nothing fancy but its a great piece of furniture for cradeling a baby and rocking her to sleep. (Im in it right now in fact while I write this blog, getting it broken in). So, after trying to make sense of the instructions, which were wonderfully translated from chinese, we had a nice new glider for the nursery.

Which left us with a nice, big, clean, crisp cardboard box. And just like any other redblooded american male, when I looked at the box I could hear my mind say..."Oh the places you"ll go"

What is it about a big cardboard box that turns you into a twelve year old again? Seriously! I'm not talking about a little doinker box that the DVD player comes in or the ones you use when youre moving out, Im talkin about a big box where the moment when that things empty, you want to climb into it and shut the lid. Just wait in that thing till the wife gets home and jump out of it. If there were ever a pass/fail test for putting off the natural man, it would be this: 1. Buy somthing that comes in a huge box. 2. Empty box and assemble contents. 3. Collapse giant box and put it out next to the garbage cans, without ever having used the box in any other way, other than what its intended purpose is, which is of course, transporting the given product to the consumer.

Frankly thats almost impossible...and 99% of men would fail. The remaining 1% are either gay, or hobos, and actually hobos need the box to live in, and advertise, so they fail the test out of pure nessecity anyway.

Soooooo..... what do I want to do with my box first? A fort? A time machine? Use it to suprise Malaena? Hmmm....or should I just go all in and take it where its going to go anyway...the top of the stairs. Oh yeah baby, sledding down the stairs in a cardboard box!


7 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! LOL!!! Tears man, tears! Ohhhhhhhh.....CRAP that's funny! That's funniest home video worthy I think :) Made my day man! I think I'm going to go buy something HUGE just for the box now! Hmmmm...would they sell a car in a box??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fast man!!!! Hunter and I got a kick out of it :) We wanna play! Miss your guts! Keep posting sweet videos! Love all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kyle, you are such a funny guy... and a sweet one too. I loved reading your post about how excited you are about this baby. You are going to be a great father and love her more than you ever imagined...

    As for the "sledding"... that was so funny! You and Michael are still just kids at heart and I think it's so great!

    We miss you and can't wait to hear how everything goes with your little Sadie!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle,

    congratulations on your new box.

    http://mkmorrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krazy Kyle at it again! You are my HERO!

    OK, I am really here looking for pictures of the little baby Sadie...where is she?

    Ok, we just want to see our god baby. (yes I am her self appointed god father)

    Glad you are all wel!!! Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on baby Sadie! We love you guys and miss you and want to see some cute photos of her on here. Love Jared and Kerri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing. Uncontrollably. Hilarious.


    We miss you guys! How about I say something original like... when are you going to put up pictures of GORGEOUS LITTLE SADIE MAY!? Oh wait... I think I'm the 15th person to say that.

    Love you- Greg, Shavonne, Haven & Drake

    ReplyDelete