Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Summer Cabin Trip #1

I don't remember if I have blogged about the Kelson cabin yet. Maybe I have but I guess I will just do it again, because it is so amazing.. I feel so blessed to have married into such a great family, and then the added bonus of the cabin is just incredible. It's so nice to have a place for the whole family to get together, especially a place that is SO beautiful. Next time we go, I will take a picture of the view. I don't have one yet and it's sad, because it is breathtaking. We have a lake to water ski and wake board on, a mountain to dirt bike and snowmobile on, and all kinds of other things to do, literally right outside the door! It really is an amazing place and having a cabin like theirs is something I never would have dreamed up. I'm definitely one of the luckiest in-laws in the world!

Right outside the cabin is a reservoir where we do all the fun summer boating things. Since it's a reservoir by the end of the summer it has gone down quite a bit. There is still plenty of water to water ski on but there is also a nice muddy lake bed to take the dune buggies out on. These are pictures of Sadie's cousins, Hunter 10, Lizzie 6 and Jack 3!



Here's Lizzie leaving everyone in the dust! Fearless!


Sadie is telling us that she is 1, and there is me and my AWESOME sis-in law Kerri!
I have to admit this picture looks a little white trash ;)

Kerri taking a ride with her mini me Lizzie!


In the background of this picture is a little van stuck in the mud. When we got down to the lake bed we saw them and Kyle went to go help..needless to say in this picture he is off getting a chain, and we did NOT help this poor person...read on for an explanation.

Jack-O in his Indiana hat. LOVE it!


Ok...if you look close the van does NOT have a cracked windshield, and there is a chain connected from our car (the black 4-Runner) to the van.

In this picture the windshield is shattered!!!! The chain broke and snapped back into the van's windshield. Thank goodness nobody was hurt. The poor guy behind the wheel had glass glitter all over him, but no cuts! Phew....So much for trying to help...luckily they were way cool and someone else eventually came to get them out.

While I watched the chain in slow motion (that's what it felt like) shatter the windshield Sadie was busy wiping her eyes with dirt, which made it worse, which made her wipe more....
which was pretty funny.
(Don't worry she didn't get anything in her eyes, just around them.)

Oh good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment