Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Valentines Day..surprise?!

Ok....so I officially have the best husband ever....I mean, I have always known that...but how he always manages to surprise me, is really amazing. I seem to have a knack for ruining his "big plans" either by something I do, or say, or plan. It started even while we were dating. Needless to say, Kyle still tries to surprise me with what seems like any chance he gets. I love surprises, and maybe that's why he always keeps figuring out ways to do it, but his latest "big plan" really was a surprise! Thanks baybo! Your the best!

His big surprise was a Nikon D90 camera for Valentines Day. Wow! So we have both really wanted a nice camera for a while and have been saving up for one. I had no idea he had been secretly researching and trying to find good deals etc... His little "act" on Valentines Day was great too....as we were pulling out of our garage, he said...oh I forgot my wallet. It took him a while to grab his wallet and when he came back in the car he said, oh I left it in our closet...I couldn't find it. We went to a dinner and a movie, and then we exchanged gifts afterward at his mom's house when we went to pick up Sadie. I pull out a lens for a nice camera out of the bag. Really I was sincere when I said thank you and excited to have a lens but kind of disappointed when there was no camera. Then he proceeded to say a bunch of stuff about how we would have to use his dad's nice camera for now, and just try to pick out a camera we wanted later. On the way home he made me believe a camera was not in our near future. Honestly in my head I was thinking, it would be great to have the Nikon D90...but he probably wouldn't go for how much they are so instead I resorted to saying that the D40 would be nice, which is about half the price. I never mentioned to Kyle that the D90 was the camera of my dreams ;)
Anyway, I walk in the house and sitting on the counter is a big wrapped box, with a vase of flowers. Boy was I excited...I ripped it open, an there it was, my dream camera! Also, I hardly ever get flowers from Kyle (which is fine, he knows I think they are waste of money) but it was very sweet to see flowers on the table too...on rare occassions do I think it's worth it to spend money on flowers that will die in a week. "I have to get my wallet"...whatever!

So I was completely surprised and I am super ecstatic to start learning how to use this great big awesome camera. Below are a few pictures I have taken with it, totally on the auto mode...but slowly I'll get there!

Thanks again Bayba...you're the best man, and Daddy a wife could ask for!

Just look at those baby blues...
I don't even know what I'm doing and you can tell these pictures are just awesome. I'm so excited and can't wait to start learning about photography.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is SO exciting. I love the pics. Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness!

    Just catching up on blog reading and saw these pictures...WOW!!! SPITTING IMAGE OF KYLE!

    ReplyDelete