Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sadie Mae Kelson

Sadie was born at 11:29 PM on April 5th 2009...she weighed 8lbs 3oz and was 20" long. She was born by C-section after about 20 hours of labor. I know that sounds bad but it wasn't, thank goodness I had an epidural at about hour 4 ;)





Kyle was getting pretty bored waiting and waiting and waiting.....the entire time I was pretty much passed out on the bed asleep, thank goodness! We can thank the epidural for that! Finally after 20 hours they got me ready for surgery and it was time to meet Sadie.



Everything went very well and I was definitely ready for her to be a part of our family. Since I had a C-section, I was awake for it and my arms were strapped to the table...so when Kyle brought Sadie over to me for the first time....words can't even express the feeling you get when you are finally looking at your child. It is one of those moments you remember forever. I am so grateful for modern day medicine, and what it means for people like me whose baby is so big they get stuck!
Taking a nap with Daddy!
Taking a nap with Mommy!

LOVE THIS PICTURE!
Recovery was great and Sadie was blessed only 6 days after she was born. We were thinking maybe that's some sort of record or something;) Sadie has only been in our lives for 7 months but it feels like she has been with us forever. It's true when they say, you'll know when you have your own. Kyle and I would would both do anything for our little Sadie Bug! She is our world now and we can't imagine her not being apart of it. We love you Sadie!


1 comment:

  1. I love this post. So fun to read the story and see some pics. You guys are great. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete