Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5, 6, & 7! What a blast!

DAY 5: Saturday, we ate at my FAVORITE restaurant ever. I think it’s just called Hawaiian Grill. Sooooo yummy!!!

100_0554

This is my Brother Bruce and his little girl Madi. Sadie's new best friend! (Too bad they moved away for a while)

100_0556

The best part about the whole place is the shaved ice. It’s really authentic, the kind with ice cream in the bottom. My brother’s was so HUGE I had to take a picture. It was only like $2, my favorite!

100_0560

100_0557

After we ate, we stopped by Jo-Ann’s so I could pick up some fabric for Sadie’s birthday present. (More on that to come)…while I was shopping she made herself right at home.

100_0564

DAY 6: More relaxing and playing in the water. This park is great. It wasn’t around when I lived in St. George, but I love it and so does Sadie. She didn’t want to leave. It’s a big long man-made stream right in the middle of downtown St. George ;)

100_0573

100_0574

100_0579

100_0583

100_0584

100_0587

100_0590

100_0592

100_0594 The water was cold and St. George was pretty cold too (not quite usual for April), so after we went home and got warm, we stopped at the temple to show Sadie where Mommy and Daddy got married.

100_0600

100_0601

100_0603

100_0605

100_0614

100_0618

100_0617

One’s up Baby! (Any of Kyle’s friends who read this {i'm not quite sure why you would} you know what I’m talking about ;) This is a pretty sweet pic.

100_0619

On Monday we spent the day trying to figure out Sadie’s birthday present again…you will see what I mean soon! Then we packed up and headed to the NEW St. George airport. I have to say, I was expecting something a little bigger, but it’s a start right?!

100_0622

While we waited for my plane, Grammy and Papo bought us some ice-cream.

100_0634

100_0635

100_0628

100_0625

There is actually 2 levels in the airport…so we went up the stairs to look out, and this is it! Pretty awesome ;)

100_0631

After flying to Salt Lake and waiting from about 7:50pm to 8:40pm to get on our flight…I thought it would be a great trip, just one more hour and we would be home! I already was a little bummed when I found out the plane was booked and Sadie had to sit on my lap the whole way, but once we got on the plane in Salt Lake we WAITED for 3 Hours on the tarmac. I couldn’t believe it! Luckily, we ended up sitting next to 2 cute Japanese kids who thought Sadie was super fun. They played with her for 3 hours while we waited. She didn’t cry once, it really was a miracle. She also didn’t fall asleep which is no surprise but I couldn’t have asked for a better trip given the circumstances. Needless to say, we were sooooooooo happy to be home and see Daddy!

100_0638

He came running up and gave Sadie and I a huge hug, a cuddly Hippo, and me a flower! Best husband ever, and we missed him so much! It was just after midnight by the time we landed….oh were we glad to be home. And when I walked in the door, this is what I found :)

100_0640

100_0642

It says Welcom Bak (out of lego Sadie’s uncle Kurt gave her).

What a fun trip, and equally as excited to be back. Life is good!

1 comment: