Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I LOVE Rite Aid!

For the past 8 months or so, I have been "trying" to coupon. It's been a slow process for me, but I finally feel like I am getting better and know what I am doing a little bit! If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, there are people out there who get hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for free or for pennies. Literally.....I couldn't believe when I heard either, but the first time I did it for myself I was addicted. It's like a fun game for me now, just trying to get the most I can for the least amount of $.

I was a little bit nervous at first, but the stores LOVE to have you come in. One of the guys at Rite Aid told me that coupons from customers are just like me handing them cash.

So slowly that has been my ongoing project for the last little while, and I am finally feeling proud of my work. I mean, it's nothing like those ladies who can get $350 dollars worth of stuff for like .50 cents but I'm excited to keep on trying to get the best deal possible. The best thing about it all, is that the value of $1 has changed for me. I now know what I can actually get for $1 and it's a lot more than I ever used to.

This is a picture of my last weeks trip to Rite Aid. I added up all the receipts I had and figured out that I saved $149.48....and paid $8.52. The savings comes from the sale price of all the items, so if it was purchased at full price who knows what it would have cost. I know it doesn't look like a lot of stuff at first but some of those items are fairly pricey.

So that is a bit of what takes up some of my time while Sadie is sleeping...and so far it's been worth it!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Coupon-ing totally intimidates me... How do you get started?

    ReplyDelete